Soob

Politics, Foreign Policy, Current Events and Occasional Outbursts Lacking Couth

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Obama Reads Soob


Not even slightly true. We have no indication, what so ever, that Barack Obama reads this nonsense. Never the less, Obama's personal reaction to the New Yorker satirical cover fits within the context of what I previously suggested.

"It's a cartoon ... and that's why we've got the First Amendment," Obama said. "And I think the American people are probably spending a little more time worrying about what's happening with the banking system and the housing market and what's happening in Iraq and Afghanistan, than a cartoon. So I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it. "I've seen and heard worse," he said. "I do think that, you know, in attempting to satirize something, they probably fueled some misconceptions about me instead. But, you know, that was their editorial judgment."

0 comments: