Soob

Politics, Foreign Policy, Current Events and Occasional Outbursts Lacking Couth

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Finally


The McCain vacation officially ends today as Barrack Obama has amassed the 2118 delegates required to win the Democratic nomination. Oddly enough, Senator Clinton still refuses to cede the victory to Obama, insisting on staying in the race. Many speculate Clinton is seeking the VP slot on the November ticket. I have my doubts. Accepting the VP inexorably ties her to the legacy of an Obama presidency. That's a gamble I doubt she wants to take if she's still hellbent (and I suspect she is) on the presidency. Though I suppose Clinton would like to, in a fairly loud fashion, turn the VP offer down. This leaves a clean path to 2012 and removes the gamble of a possible Obama presidency.

0 comments: