Soob

Politics, Foreign Policy, Current Events and Occasional Outbursts Lacking Couth

Sunday, May 04, 2008

That tdaxp Fellow...


Has gone mainstream and published a book: Revolutionary Strategies in Early Christianity. Dan's own prologue:

I wrote Revolutionary Strategies in Early Christianity: 4th Generation Warfare (4GW) Against the Roman Empire, and the Counterinsurgency (COIN) Campaign to Save It to help explain the persecution experienced by the early Christians in light of strategic theory. I believe that Romans, who martyred so many Christians, were not foolish or stupid. I think they knew what they were doing: they understood that if the Christianity triumphed, the world they knew and loved would be turned upside down.

The Romans acted according to the same basic rules that guided the Nazi fight against la RĂ©sistance in France… and the American fight against al Qaeda in Iraq.

I hope my book will be useful to those who want to begin learning about modern strategy, and for people who wish to know a little more about the rise of Christianity. From Joseph Caiaphas to the Prophet Muhammed, I describe the early enemies of Christianity as wise fighters who used strategies that now have buzzwords for names (COIN, xGW, and so on), but whose use goes back to the dawn of time.

I like the idea of conflating religion and warfare, especially in regards to the 5GW aspect. Very exciting and I'm looking forward to reading (and reviewing) Dan's book.

Image via tdaxp

0 comments: