Soob

Politics, Foreign Policy, Current Events and Occasional Outbursts Lacking Couth

Regarding my post on the latest Anonymous operation on trying to inject gas shortage rumors into the mainstream, which mysteriously shut down, I have just found this post on metafilter, which links to gas shortage rumors news reports. Quote:

He said he has no idea about the origin of a rumor that there was going to be no gas in Nashville. One reporter called him, saying she had heard that Nashville would be without gas within the hour, he said.

I wonder if it is the same operation?

The metafilter comments are interesting too.

Update: It appears the operation is still occuring and they are trying to keep it secret. Looks like they may have wiki here. I haven't used the password and login to get into the site (nor am I going to, even though I'd like inside info on it). 

6 comments:

G said...

After reading a bit there seems to be other conditions for the shortages and shortage rumors. The hurricane, plus the rumors could have arisen organically.

Perhaps I'm giving to much credit to capabilities of these guys.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Who profits? I mean besides the Elders who profit no matter which way prices go, there are some pretty obvious culprits.

Anonymous said...

You misunderstand Anonymous, it doesn't matter who profits.(http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Lulz) It is all about the lulz. I've seen a few threads on /b but nothing of much substance. The password for the Wiki site has changed, I can't access it anymore. I've heard some different things from different /b/tards but nothing to verify anything. Most suspect it is a facade to hide plans for something else.

Open source, you never know what to expect.

Jay@Soob said...

Okay chaps, give it up. I get the "lulz" bit but enlighten me on /b if you would.

Jay@Soob said...

Additionally, it would appear they are adding fuel to the fire of the gas shortage rather than constructing it. Though the prospect of mastering such a social row is a bit worrying. No doubt why these are Robbian celebreties. They entail the very basic GG platform right to the nth degree. Disruption without cause.

The Red Son said...

I would advice people to steer clear of that wiki. I clicked the under 18 link to see where it would take me (I am not under 18) and it crashed my browers with wierd hacker trickery. when I rebooted my computer had downloaded a bunch of .wmv files, which i quickly deleted.