Soob

Politics, Foreign Policy, Current Events and Occasional Outbursts Lacking Couth

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another Meme

Having been tagged by Ortho allow me to present the rules:

The Rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

5. In light of Ortho's post I've added this bit to the meme. Present an image of martial discord from whatever period or situation you'd like.

Here goes:

1. I have an extensive collection of exactly around 723 and 1/2 cheese graters. There is not a cheese on the planet I cannot, with great proficiency, grate. This, of course, is an absolute lie as I don't own even one single grater of cheese. How I've made my way in this cruel world for more than three decades without such an instrument is a mystery to both you and I.

2. I'm a ravenous reader. In fact my want for reading is only eclipsed by my want to purchase books that stack up and don't get read until much later because (as was mentioned shortly before) my appetite for reading books is eclipsed by my want to buy books that I want to read. I'll give you a moment to suss that bit out.

3. I learned the above typed term, "suss" (probably misspelled) from a friend of mine who hails from New Zealand. Suss, as you have probably gathered, refers to figuring or understanding.

4. I get a kick out of the incorrect or redundant use of grammar and words. "Heighth," "irregardless," "unthaw," "unloosen," "round circle," "don't not," etc.

5. In 1775 I stormed the Fort Ticonderoga in New York and snagged it from British control. Actually that's another fabrication. Fort Ticonderoga was taken by Ethan Allen who then went on to join a Turkish carpenter named Ottoman and invent living room furniture. I've recently taken on an interest in the biography of my much famous fellow Vermonter. Some more serious commentary regarding him is coming soon.

6. I've recently handled and fired the Desert Eagle and have concluded that it is both fun and tactically impossible. Fun because it's huge and yet isn't nearly as intimidating as it looks. Impossible because of it's immense muzzle flash and it's want to eject very hot, spent cartridges directly at the person firing it. Especially bad for me as I'm a southpaw.

7. I've seen the sun both rise and set over the Pacific.

I Tag:

Shane
Eddie
Mark
Curtis
PSlog
Allen
The Rev. Script

6 comments:

deichmans said...

Done!

ortho said...

Soob, thank you for answering the meme. You're absolutely fascinating!

The Red Son said...

What caliber was the Deagle in? I have shot it in .44 mag and I couldn't believe how manageable the recoil was.

Anonymous said...

I am going to need far more introduction than that! I am not sure I even know 7 bloggers so we will see how this goes.

Jay@Soob said...

Like your experience it was the .44 mag and I too was surprised by how manageable the recoil was. Also, it was rather accurate when fired in measured fashion. The 50 might actually fire better, if with a bit more kick. It occasionally pinched a spent round and jammed. We reasoned a bigger round might alleviate this. Though I'd also have had a bigger, hotter projectile bouncing off my forehead.

Curtis Gale Weeks said...

Oh very well.