Soob

Politics, Foreign Policy, Current Events and Occasional Outbursts Lacking Couth

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Garbage in the System

Thought I'd pass this nicety along, via Curzon. Personally I've had good experiences with law enforcement officials and bad. The good include an occasion when the officer, having stopped me for speeding, was polite, understanding and said something to the effect of, "Yeah, great road, sort of takes you a bit, fattens the right foot. Here's your warning." The bad being an occasion when a cop clamped his hand on his side arm and screamed at me "Are you arguing with me?!!" after I'd pointed out his obviously overactive imagination in stopping my friend (I was a passenger) for turning right on red in an unsafe manner. The officer hallucinated some cars "slamming on their brakes" as we ventured a right hand turn on red after stopping. I wasn't shot but she was ticketed.

But here's the lowest sludge of law enforcement. A callous and obviously disfunctional human being with a badge dumping a paraplegic fellow out of his wheelchair like a heap of corn from a wheel barrow.

6 comments:

The Red Son said...

I would say "unbelievable" but sadly such behavior is what I have come to expect from the bad apples that make our men and women in blue look bad. I think VT cops and state troopers are some of the nicest and most understanding LEOs that I have ever met, particularly if you have VT plates.

Stephen Pampinella said...

Maybe Dan was on to something when he said we shouldn't trust the cops...

ortho said...

The actions of law enforcement officers in this video appear reasonable to me. The paraplegic perp most have committed a crime, as it appears he is being booked. Law enforcement officers must search the perp's body for contraband. Who knows what he could have hid while he was seated?

By dumping him on the ground and searching his body, the law enforcement officers preserved their own safety, the safety of the perp, and the safety of others in the lockup.

Steve said...

The sad thing is that none of the other officers present reported the incident. The thin blue line is strong indeed.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I's quite confusing really. The total lack of response from the other cops around could be interpreted in two ways at least. Dunno. Strange.

Jay@Soob said...

Ortho, I'm surprised at your reaction! Two things. One, I was misinformed, the guy was actually a quadriplegic. Two, three officers (one to observe, two to lift the chap in a controlled and safe fashion) could have realized the same result you describe.
Via the mainstream media, charges are being filed against this LE deviant.