Soob

Politics, Foreign Policy, Current Events and Occasional Outbursts Lacking Couth

Friday, January 18, 2008

Good Riddance Robert Fischer


Chess prodigy, blah, blah, blah. Reality sets in here, via his take on the events of a September day some years ago just after two certain buildings crumbled to dust and twisted iron:

"This is all wonderful news," Fischer said. "I applaud the act. The U.S. and Israel have been slaughtering the Palestinians, just slaughtering them for years. Robbing them and slaughtering them. Nobody gave a shit. Now it's coming back to the U.S. F*ck the U.S. I want to see the U.S. wiped out."

Thanks much Bob. Not so disappointed to see you've met your end.




4 comments:

ortho said...

Ow, that's harsh! I still love the Bobby Fischer who taught me to play chess. Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess helped to turn me into a decent little chess player.

Despite his candid remarks on 9/11/2001, I will miss the eccentric, chess genius.

Jay@Soob said...

Hey Ortho. Well, that makes one of us:)

The Red Son said...

That is harsh. I know lots of people morning the loss of the great american chess player, including myself. As far as that quote, I'm sure regular readers of this blog will not be surprised to learn I applaud his radical nature/insanity. My old english teacher played a young Bobby in NYC years ago and didn't lose (or win).

Jay@Soob said...

red son,

I'd wager even more people mourned the deaths of their loved one's on the day ole Bob celebrates in the above quote.

And no, I'm certainly not surprised that you embrace Bob's radical nature.