Soob

Politics, Foreign Policy, Current Events and Occasional Outbursts Lacking Couth




Our state capital.

I live in an odd state.

That's a pretty general assertion that could be applied in various degrees but I'm not referring to my mental disposition, rather my geographical residence.

Vermont is an odd state. Widely recognized for it's "progressive" or left leaning principles it also maintains the most lax gun laws in the country. Allow me to boil this down in real terms:

1-Vermont was the first state to enact civil union.

2-I can (but don't) quite legally stroll down Church street with my Sig Sauer strapped to my hip or concealed in my jacket... Loaded.

3-Vermont maintains what is, perhaps, the largest collection of seperatists (per state) in the nation.

4-I don't know how many communities entertained an Impeachment bill but I suspect I could count them on one hand.

5-What other state suffered a township wanting to annex itself to another state?

As I said, an odd state. And so it is:

Vermont lawmakers are considering a measure that would ban eating, drinking, smoking, reading, writing, personal grooming, playing an instrument, "interacting with pets or cargo," talking on a cell phone or using any other personal communication device while driving. The punishment: a fine of up to $600.


I guess my a.m. tuba practice on the way to work is out.

Thankfully, despite it's lax gun laws Vermont maintains a considerably low measure of crime. Thus, the police have plenty of time on their hands that can be constructively applied to financially persecuting the automobile smoker, morning coffee drinker and all other nefarious moving violators.

Odd.

0 comments: